Monday, November 10, 2008

The back of my head where the hair was taken from


So I just realized that I hadn't posted any photos or pictures of the back of my head! I'm sure some people must be wondering what the donor site looks like. So the following picture was taken today (Monday) following my procedure last Thursday. I should point out that the site looked like this from day 1. It was well hidden. I usually wear my hair shorter in the back - about 1/4 inch long. But I decided to let it go to a half inch just to make sure that things would be well hidden when I got the procedure done.

In the photo, my fingers are pointing along a horizontal imaginary line where the stitches are hidden beneath my hair. The doctor uses a process called "Trichophytic closure" which causes hair to actually grow through the scar, making it even less detectable.

No comments: