Wednesday, November 5, 2008

My First Post - The night before my surgery

This is my first time creating a video blog. Please be patient.

The reason for my blog, is so others can see what hair transplants are all about, and to show that you don't have to be bald to need or want a transplant. There are lots of options out there.

The reason I am gettin a transplant is that I really like my hair the way it was... And now it has started to get to a thinner point in the front. Some people go the other extreme and shave their head, and I just couldn't bring myself to that. Also I didn't want to be the guy who in 5 years looks like he is doing a comb-over. I'm already camoflaging the thinning in a couple ways.

1) I do highlights. Highlights may be a bit out of fashion for guys these days, but all my friends say I look odd without them, so I keep them. That and they actually help distract the eye from how thin the hair is. I don't know HOW it works, but whenever my highlights would grow to the point of being cut out, I would notice the thinning of my hair a lot more...so I would get back on the highlights.

2) My hair style - I do the messy hair in front thing, and use a bit of the messy hair to hide the receding corners a bit.

So people have this misconception that you need to be partially bald to get a transplant. Not so, my friend and I are about to have transplants, and we have full heads of hear... but we also have receding hairlines. I'm only 35. I just want to have a few more years of youth left in my hair to enjoy. I find thinning hair makes people look older than they are...so I'm fighting the aging process tooth and nail.




The website of my doctor that I mentioned in the clip is: http://www.drcotterill.com/

No comments: