Thursday, November 13, 2008

The Stitches Are Out !

This morning on my way in to work I stopped in for my 7 day appointment, to have my stitches removed. Luckily Dr. Cotterill's office is right along the same Bloor St. (Toronto) subway-line as my work, so i just had to hop off on my way into work, and snip-snip-snip, and hop back on. Only took about 10 minutes total.

It has now been a couple hours since I had my stitches out, and I've realized that the bit of discomfort I experienced on the back of my head, was actually becaue the stitches were in! As soon as they were out, my head felt... practically normal. I don't feel anything when I press on the back of my head where the stitches were! I've never had stitches before, so I guess it's because they pull slightly when your skin moves around on your head.

Dr. Cotterill examined the suture line, and said that it was looking "excellent" and that I took great care of the area, so my scar will eventually be virtually undetectable, a very slight pencil line. I'm really glad to hear that. I was very religious about following the instructions on soaking the area and massaging it. I was also using vitamin E on the suture line for the last three days, to help it along.

I thought getting a hair transplant was going to be a bigger deal than it is turning out to be. I was pretty much fine after 4.5 days. On the 6th day I was back in the office, and my natural hair was hiding the transplanted area just fine. Today (7th day) and I'm almost 100% back to normal.

I'm almost saddened as it means my blog is going to go stale for a little while... The only thing I have to do now is sit back and watch it grow over the next several months. Zzzzz...

Hopefully when Dr. Cotterill's website gets updated with my hair transplant procedure video, I will be able to link to that video, so there will be a full account on this blog of what I went through. I told Dr. Cotterill that I was doing a blog of the entire experience from start to finish, and he has asked if he can put a link to my blog on his web site, which I said was fine. So between the two of us, there should be a full account of the whole process... which is pretty cool I think.

So check back again soon. I'm bound to find something to post in the weeks to come!
Cheers,
Mark

No comments: